Software Innovation Challenge (Including Solutions Developed in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic)
Preliminary Round Submission Guidelines
The top submissions, as scored by the judges, will move on to the final round, to be held at the Student Chapters Leadership Conference. In this round, the teams will be required to make a presentation (15 to 20 minute max.) of their report to a panel of judges After the presentation, there will be a 10 minute Q&A with the panel of judges.
|Problem Significance –|
• Does the team describe a societal problem that can be solved by IS?
• How well do they make the case for the need for a solution?
|Solution Description –|
• Does the team fully and clearly describe the proposed solution?
• Does the solution that they describe have the potential to solve the problem that they have presented?
|Innovativeness of Solution –|
• Is the solution innovative?
• How is it different than what has already been done?
|Business Aspect of Solution –|
• Does the team convey that there is a market demand for the application?
• Does the team have a solid plan for marketing the application?
• Is the application financially sustainable?
|Alpha Prototype Demo –|
• Does the team’s solution reflect what was in the report?
• Is it something that can be developed into a beta prototype before the finals?
• How is the quality of the demo/video?