The purpose of the Student Chapter Advisory Board is to advise the AVP of Student Chapters and Council with respect to strategic efforts of the student chapter initiative.
The AVP of Student Chapters determines the number of members of the Student Chapter Advisory Board and their terms of membership. The AVP Student Chapters shall recommend the members of the Student Chapter Advisory Board to the Council for approval and maintains the right to remove members from the board. The AVP Student Chapters shall serve as the chair of the Student Chapter Advisory Board.
The Student Chapter Advisory Board identifies and develops areas of added value for current student chapters including the Student Chapter Leadership Conference and competitions, implements recognition programs to encourage chapters to renew their charters year over year, and identify schools for possible new chapters.
AIS Student Chapter Advisory Board
- Alex Barsi Lopes, Indiana University (AVP of Student Chapters)
- Ken Gunnells, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- David Hale, The University of Alabama
- Micki Hyde, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Rich Klein, Florida International University
- Tom Meservy, Brigham Young University
- Dawn Owens, University of Texas-Dallas
- James Parrish, University of North Texas
- Daniel Phelps, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
- Linda Prince, Arizona State University
- Dina Rateb, American University in Cairo
- Steve Sclarow, Temple University
- Lise Urbaczewski, University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Staff Liaison: Melissa Heeke, Membership Director