The University of Arkansas AIS Blockchain Hackathon Challenge
Discussions of blockchain are capturing the news, occupy boardroom discussions, and creating buzz in business, governments, and technology circles around the world. Blockchain technology has the potential to transform the way businesses operate and has potentially wide-ranging applications from banking to finance to healthcare to insurance. The AIS-University of Arkansas Blockchain Hackathon Challenge provides an opportunity for student teams to compete for cash prizes as you explore the possibilities of a future on the blockchain.
The Use Case
TIPS AND LINKS TO BLOCKCHAIN RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
|Problem Significance –|
• Does the team clearly address the problem(s) identified in the use case?
• How well do they make the case for their proposed solution?
|Solution Description –|
• Does the team fully and clearly describe the proposed solution?
• Does the solution that they describe have the potential to solve the problem that they have presented using blockchain?
• Is Blockchain applied and/or implemented correctly?
|Innovativeness of Solution –|
• Is the solution innovative?
• How is it different than what has already been done?
|Business Aspect of Solution –|
• Does the team clearly convey the benefits of a blockchain solution in the given context?
• Does the team clearly articulate the business benefits of the solution?
|Blockchain Demo –|
• Does the team’s solution reflect what was in the report?
• Is it something that can be developed into a feasible technology given enough time?
• How is the quality of the explanation/demo video?