How entries will be evaluated
All entries will be evaluated by the judges in two categories: visualization and analysis. The finals will also be judged by industry professionals.
The specific criteria for each category are:
- Clarity (how well the graphic stands on its own without additional explanation)
- Novelty/creativity (originality of thought; surprising way of approaching the data)
- Insight (graphic aids understanding of the data)
- Utility (ability of the graphic to aid decision making)
- Relevance (analysis relates to the problem statement)
- Completeness (degree to which the analysis answers the stated question)
- Depth (sophistication of the analysis)
- Consistency (conclusions consistent with the analysis)
Your entry will be disqualified if…
- It is submitted after the deadline.
- The attachments won’t open or are in the wrong file format.
- Your interactive graphic won’t run.
- You don’t specify the challenge you are addressing.
- Team member names and college name are not on both the graphic and the description.