For the preliminary round the student team must submit a report in a Word or PDF format that contains:
- The name of your team and team members with email addresses.
- The title of the use case you have selected.
- A detailed description of your proposed solution which should include a written description of the solution, diagrams/charts/other visuals that communicate the solution and its components, the solution architecture and platform, etc.
- A statement of why you believe that your solution will work and how blockchain provides a new and potentially better approach.
- A discussion of the major business aspects and benefits of your blockchain solution.
The team must also submit:
- A copy of the in-progress source code for your “alpha” prototype (text file).
- A link to a video presentation of your use case solution and demo of any prototyping of the solution that was completed (see video instructions below).
- The blockchain file.
In addition to the report, the team must also submit a video that depicts a demo of the mock up or prototype of their solution to YouTube. The guidelines for this deliverable are:
- The video must not be more than 7 minutes in length.
- The team should briefly introduce the problem and an overview of the solution in the video, but the focus of the video should be the discussion of how the solution will work, its benefits, and a demo of the mock up or prototype.
- All team members must be featured in the video.