Extracted, anonymized data from the AmerisourceBergen Point-of-Sale Data Warehouse.
The basic data set is AlexionDataSet(WithDataSetMaster).xlsx. This is an Excel file that includes these tabs:
- Data Set Master: Data Dictionary of field names & definitions for the other tabs
- PHRMCY MASTER: Pharmacy Master with set of Pharmacy IDs (surrogate keys), de-identified Pharmacy names, State Cd & Zip 3 Cd
- PROD MASTER: Product Master
- MAJOR PROD CAT: Major Category Codes
- PROD CAT: Product Category Codes
- PROD SUB CAT: Product Sub-Category Codes
- PROD SEG: Product Segment Codes
- POS TRANS: Point-of-Sales transactions with Sales Dates of for six months, from 2016-01-01 through 2016-06-30 (915,744 records)
The POS TRANS tab should be your starting point, using the unique identifiers to look up values in (or join with) the other tables.
You can do the entire analysis with this data set.
If you want an even larger data set to work with, you can download AlexionPOSTrans(Big).zip. This is a comma-delimited text file that includes a full year of POS transactions, from 2015-07-01 thru 2016-06-30 (1,801,645 million records). This effectively replaces the POS TRANS tab of the above Excel file; use the rest of the tabs in the Excel file for the rest of the data set.
Note: This file is too big for Excel, but you can use other software (R, SPSS, SAS) to do your analysis.